For courses in Meeting, Event, Exposition and Convention Planning and Management.
The Meetings, Expositions, Events, and Conventions industry continues to grow and garner increasing attention from the hospitality industry, communities, and college faculty. With a broad view of the industry, this book moves beyond just one segment to include all aspects related to the MEEC industry. Developed as a collaborative work, the text features contributions from some of the best and most notable practitioners and educators in the field. (Using the Delphi method, even the text’s topics were selected based on industry input.) Now in its third edition, this revision features over 30 new case studies, the latest statistics and a new chapter devoted to green meetings and social responsibility.
Overview of all aspects of the MEEC industry–industry experts used a Delphi Method to select topics addressed.
Moves beyond just one segment (special events, conventions) to give readers an introduction to all aspects of the industry.
Includes topics based on recommendations from educators and practitioners nationwide.
Contributions by industry experts–offer insights from reputable practitioners and educators in the field.
Full-length case study of a convention—including all the planning and follow-up that is required.
Multiple vignettes relate to each chapter topic–and add common reference points for in-class application.
Fully updated in this edition to include:
New statistics and data
Expanded international coverage
Consolidated coverage of planning and producing MEEC gatherings
A new compendium of over 30 case studies
A new compendium of hundreds of current events articles
New! Chapter 13: Green Meetings & Social Responsibility–appears in this edition.
1. Introduction to the Meetings, Expositions, Events, and Conventions Industry
2. Meeting, Exhibition, Event, And Convention Organizers and Sponsors
3. Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs)
4. Meeting and Convention Venues
6. Service Contractors
7. Destination Management Companies (DMC)
8. Special Events Management
9. Planning and Producing MEEC Gatherings
10. Food and Beverage
11. Legal Issues in the MEEC Industry
12. Technology and the Meeting Professional
13. Green Meetings & Social Responsibility
14. International Aspects in MEEC
15. Pulling It All Together