Section I: Introduction, History, and Basics of Guest Service
Chapter 1: The Basics of Guest Service
Chapter 2: Defining Guest Service
Chapter 3: Problem-Solving for Guest Service
Section II: Relating Service to the Sectors of the Hospitality Industry: How Service Relates
A chapter is dedicated to each of these areas:
Chapter 4: The Guest Service of Food
Chapter 5: The Guest Service of Beverages
Chapter 6: The Guest Service of Lodging
Chapter 7: The Guest Service of Events
Chapter 8: The Guest Service of Travel and Tourism
Chapter 9: The Guest Service of Casinos
Section III: Assessments and Planning
Chapter 10: Research and Tools
Chapter 11: Strategic Planning for Service
Chapter 12: Developing a Staff
Chapter 13: Marketing and Establishing an Image for Service
- Industry interviews with some of the leading hospitality managers.
- Chapter points and concepts with visual diagrams.
- Stories and real-life examples.
- “Service Insights”—tips incorporated throughout the text that provides extra guest-service–related information to build and support points.
- Review questions that reinforce chapter concepts.
- Case studies that reinforce learning.
- Dedicates a chapter to each of the primary areas of the hospitality industry.
Provides a history and overview of guest service, and then goes further by exploring problem-solving techniques, quality tools and assessments, staffing, marketing, and strategic planning in guest